Welcome to the world of Mobile App/Website automation testing. Here we are going to learn how to set up/configure a system to automate application or website on mobile. Also, we will see a sample code to run mobile automation script using Appium tool.
Appium is an open source mobile automation tool which allows the user to write effective functional scripts. The biggest advantage of Appium tool is QA can write automation script in any language e.g. Java, Ruby, Python etc.
- Mac Machine (For iPhone, iPad application automation)
- Xcode : https://developer.apple.com/xcode/download/
- Appium : http://appium.io/
- ADT eclipse plugin or download ADT bundled separately
- Link: http://developer.android.com/tools/help/adt.html
- Eclipse : https://eclipse.org/downloads/
- Selenium library: http://www.seleniumhq.org/download/
- TestNG : Add TestNG from Eclipse -> Help -> Install New Software
Sample code to execute mobile automation script:
Step 1: Set desired Capabilities
Step 2: Run code with appropriate changes
Follow me on Twitter